Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Great vacation

Tom and I had a wonderful time getting away last week. We went to see some dear friends in Missouri, Rick and Lenore and their son Tyler. They were so hospitable and kind...it was great being with them! Then we went to the lake condo in Bella Vista. We just relaxed and had a great time.

Medically...I am waiting to get an appt. with another doctor to get my second opinion. I've contacted Vanderbilt University and I'll hear tomorrow whether I can get in to see them next week or not. If I can't, then I'll arrange an appt. with the doctor at Univ. of AR in Little Rock. I'm just praying for the Lord to open and close these doors so I'll land where he wants me to land. In the meantime, I'm still on Tamoxifen.

Tom leaves for Africa early Friday morning. PLEASE keep him in your prayers. He will be gone for 3 and half weeks to Nigeria and Tanzania, flying through Germany and England. I will leave Sat. to go see my family in Tennessee for a week. This is my first time back to Tenn since last Oct. when I was diagnosed. Mary will be coming with me, but Jamie will stay home again because he's working.

That's all for now. The vacation was such a huge blessing. We are grateful to our friends and to the Lord! Every little part of it fell beautifully into place. To His glory!

3 comments:

jel said...

glad ya had a great vacation,

blessing and safe trip to your Tom, and you hope ya have a good visit with your family!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa Girl,

Thinking of you and Tom and hoping for safe travels. So glad you enjoyed your time away together. It is part of my daily routine to check your blog! Love you and love being in touch. xoxo

Laurie M. said...

Hey Lisa, it was such a blessing to hear about what the Lord has been doing in your life and how faithful He has been to you and your family. I am so glad to hear that you are entering a new season and that you are standing so strong in Him. It is an inspiration. With all our love and prayers, Laurie and Family from Tennessee.