Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The plan for now

I saw my Little Rock oncologist today. Bottom line...I'm staying on Tamoxifen. That's fine with me. Now it's just me, Tamoxifen and the Lord. A very simple maintenance program.

One thing that was a little disturbing to me was that I thought I was having scans every 3 months...so I thought I was getting a scan this month. I'm not. I go for checkups every 3 months and then have CT and PET scans every 6 months. That means, since my last PET scan was in May, I will not be checked for recurrence until November.

That sounds like a year to me.

This is a time of walking by faith, not by sight. I cannot see what is happening inside of me. I just need to trust and pray and not look down, like Peter did. Please pray for me to have peace and pure child-like trust day by day...and to keep my eyes focused on Jesus. That's my desire.

"Whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have already received it and it will be yours." Mark 11:24

Whew...that is a hard Scripture! But that's what it says.

Lord God...thank You for all the ways that you have healed me. Please heal my moments of unbelief and replace it with faith that comes from You alone. I don't have enough in my own heart's storage. You alone are my Strength and Source of hope. In Jesus' mighty Name.

1 comment:

Lara said...

I pray for your peace and for your faith to be strengthened daily. I love you and am so grateful God brought our lives together at this time.