Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Peace of God

I went to the oncologist two days ago, Monday.  My red blood counts were low...SO...she decided to have me sit out another week to try to get those numbers up.  I didn't get chemo but we will try again next Monday.  If my counts are not up, then I will get a blood transfusion, and then the chemo.

Today I went to a follow up appointment with the urologist that did the stent surgery in July.  He said that the stents need to be removed in 2 months from when they were put in, which will be about the first week of October.  It will be outpatient this time, since I'm not going in with a emergency situation.  I'm glad.

This week I'm back to taking things slow and resting.  Please pray for my night time hours...I'm not sleeping so well and I'm not sure why. 

Overall, my heart is full of peace and I know that is from the Lord and from so many prayers.  We only take one day at a time, which is more than enough.

Today was a special day in our family...our youngest moved her things into Harding's dorm!  Tomorrow she will officially spend her first night in the dorm.  Pretty exciting! :-)  And...tomorrow night Tom and I will officially be empty nesters. That's exciting too.  Although, I have to say, we are grateful that our daughter is attending a college in the same city...so we are happy we will get to see her a lot.  At least every couple of weeks for laundry days. :-)  Yay!

Thank you VERY much for your prayers.  The peace and hope that I feel is certainly not just stirred up by my own will, but instead is the Holy Spirit coming to fill my heart with God's perfect peace, peace that our whole family needs.   Thank you.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, that passes all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil.4:4,6,7

God,
I am thankful for today.  Good appointment, no problems.  Rejoicing in this new milestone that Mary is beginning!  Thank you for the peace and hope that You've put in our hearts.  We know You are watching and caring for us, day by day.  We are all thankful for Your faithful and loving care.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Love you, Lisa! I think of you and your wonderful family often.

Carol Boyd said...

Your children are incredibly blessed to have you as their mother. Amidst all you are dealing with... you can take joy in seeing your youngest move into the dorm and become an official college student. Bless you... over and over.... Lisa.