Sunday, November 3, 2013

Prayers for Monday

Sunday. It's the beginning of a new week.  Beautiful fall colors are outside.  The air has become chilly and crisp, but it warms up in the afternoon. Blue skies. Just lovely.  Another day of life.
Thank You God!

I left off telling you about October 18th, my 7th year milestone, which was a Friday.  The week that followed started out simple, one appointment.  I saw my oncologist on Wednesday and she decided my counts were strong enough to get chemo, so I did. Which was great. No side effects Thursday or Friday.  Great again.  But then... around midnight Friday night I started having severe stomach pain and also began getting sick (throwing up), continuing all night long. Tom  I went to the ER Saturday morning at 8 am, then checked into the hospital.  The problem was dehydration, low potassium, nausea and other troubles.  I finally got home Monday night about 8.  Yay! Home again, home again.

Tuesday I found out that I was going to have scans Monday, November 4th. (That's tomorrow.)  You know...I'm not sure how many times I've been through this kind of a day... getting scans.  I realize that there seems to be a pattern to my emotions.  When I first find out, my heart sinks. Sad. It's thinking "oh no...what will happen this time?"  Then a day or so goes by, with prayer and processing with my personal counselor, Tom Carr, and the Lord lifts me up again, restoring hope.  This past week I asked our elders to pray about the tests.  On Thursday I felt a huge dose of peace.  Prayer really does work.

I spent the rest of the week resting.  My heart feels sustained and prepared for tomorrow...for the most part.  Then, something will surprise me emotionally, and the tears start to fall.  Today I heard a song that touched me. The lyrics had to do with "don't forget this (whatever it was)when I'm gone."   Oh dear. Tears came.

My thought progression starts..."SO...am I going home Lord? What IS ahead? God, please, help me."  Then I try to "take every thought captive".  I remember to go back to the only safe battle plan I know...to look to God and say over and over "I trust You and I love You.  I trust You and I love You, with all my heart.  I give this to you, again."

Have you noticed that when you have something BIG in your life that is going to be a difficult event, that the closer you get to it there seems to be this surrender of control.  The truth is our control really is gone or limited anyway, but for awhile we think we still have some control.  We don't.  So as it approaches, the more we say "I give this to You God.  I surrender all of it. I trust and love You.. Amen."

I go in tomorrow at 11 am.  Please pray for healing, for strength and for peace from the Living God.

Father, This is a simple prayer.  Please come and heal my body.  Restore my body and my heart.  I know ALL things are possible with You.  I trust and love You, always and forever.
In Jesus' Holy Name,  Amen.    Your daughter, Lisa Carol

4 comments:

Kaistewart@yahoo.com said...

Dear sweet Lisa,

I will be holding you up in prayer tomorrow. Thank you for continually sharing your battle. You are such an encouragement. I love you

susan said...

dear lisa,
i am a friend of glenda wild and i've been praying for you for several years now. atlhough i've never met you, i feel as if i have known you for a long time. thank you so much for sharing your journey. i love hearing about your walk with our lord. what an encouragement you are! count on my prayers for you tomorrow.
in his grace,
susan

Lisa Edelhuber said...

Praying for you, Lisa. Asking the Greatest Physician to bring you healing!

shirley said...

Dear heavenly father, I pray for Lisa at this time of need. I pray you will be with her & comfort her, giving her strength & peace lord. God, we believe in your healing powers & your miracles. We ask you to touch her in the name of Jesus. Lord we praise & thank you. Amen. Love you Lisa. Shirley B.