Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Can't believe I'm blogging

About two months ago I was walking with my sister-in-law around the university track getting some exercise. We were talking about alll sorts of subjects. Then our conversation turned to blogging. Neither one of us were interested in blogging, at all. Just didn't have a desire or interest or the time. "Besides," I said, "I can't imagine wanting to share my thoughts to the entire universe of cyberland." Hmmm...

Well...that was two months ago. I changed my mind.

Four weeks ago, on October 18th, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. So many things have changed in just four weeks. And I guess I realized that since my life will continue to be in a season of change that I decided maybe a blog was a good idea after all. There are so many people that the Lord has blessed me with that are either family or friends, some acquaintances and even some people that I haven't ever met that have said to me "we are praying for you". I am so, so thankful for each and every prayer. As a matter of fact, I know I am going through each day right now lifted up by these prayers. I can feel it. It is not me, It is the intercessory prayers of so many brothers and sisters in Christ. Thank you very much.

So...I decided to write this blog to chronicle this season of my life. If you would like to catch up or walk with me on this journey, then come visit. Feel free to still send me letters at my email site. Those have been such an encouragement. I just thought I could update more frequently on this format.

Isn't this amazing? I am not a computer type person, but I know that I am grateful for this technology, even more than ever right now. All this communication in a split second. Yeah!

I guess that's all for this first post. Welcome to my new blog!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Blogging is a great idea for this season!
I'm looking forward to your updates and processing, Lisa.
Love & prayers.

Lisa said...

Lisa, I know it will be great to read some "journal entries" from this season of your life. My prayers are always with you. Many here at Blacksburg are also praying for you. KNOW that we all love you very much!

Anonymous said...

Dear friend,
The blog world is not so bad, eh? I think you will find it a great way to stay connected to all your friends, and for us to connect as well. United in Battle! I have always thought of you as a great spiritual warrior, so I am not so sure it is a metaphor - this is a real fight and we are in there with you! I enjoyed our visit and I hope to visit again, if you don't mind. Meanwhile, thanks for the virtual connection. I love you as always, friend!
from one groovy chick to another...