Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Surgery Scheduled

I went to the surgeon today. She gave me a good report...said that I had responded great to the chemo and the tumor and the lymph nodes were very, very reduced. She said we could go ahead with the surgery. So. I'm scheduled for Tuesday, January 23rd. Lord willing, I'll go home on the 24th.

I'm grateful that we didn't have to do another chemo first. I'm grateful that she felt like I've done very well on my chemo treatment. I'm very thankful for such a good report. BUT...now I need to get ready for surgery. The Lord has walked before me through all of this, I know He'll prepare me for this next step too.

Thank you so much for your prayers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear of the challenges that have come your way. You have the strength, faith, attitude, and strong support system. combined with the advances in medical care that God has made available, is the WINNING combination. I have seen so many be victorious when they have Love and Faith. You are one of those WINNERS!!

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Annette Berg (Schram)

Bevin said...

Hi Lisa, Just wanted to let you know that your writing/blogs are so very encouraging to me. Always uplifting and wonderful to read-and from you, who is having to endure so many trials. I am amazed at your strength!!God is very good!!Im glad you are having good reports from the dr..

Anonymous said...

Dearest Lisa,
I so admire your strength, your faith, your endurance, your eloquence. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and experiences. Little did we know back at LOHS so many moons ago that you would be using your journalistic skills from Mrs. Peng's newspaper/yearbook class to describe your own difficult journey with breast cancer. You are amazing. You are also loved and cherished by more people than you can count. As always, you have my prayers. I look forward to your triumphant end of your journey with this disease.

With deepest affection,
Karey Marvin