Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Springtime Hope

Last week was a good week! It was such a blessing to see some buttercups along the road in Searcy on the way to Mary's school. Yes...hope is certainly an important part of this battle. God is filling me up day by day with His peace and hope.

It comes in small ways, like buttercups peaking out. It also comes in the form of little touches of encouragement that loved ones send my way. Notes, texts, facebook hellos, snail mail, phone calls, food delivered...and much more! God has blessed our family with continual love and encouragement. It is really His love, expressed through others. I'm so, so thankful! It really does carry me through the day.

Medically...I went yesterday to get my third treatment...2 shots of Faslodex and the I.V. bone strengthener. Some of you have asked me about these meds, but they are NOT chemo, and I'm not doing radiation. These are meds that are taken to stop the growth of the tumor and to strengthen the bones. It went well. A dear friend took me and after I was finished we enjoyed a nice lunch together in North Little Rock.

Last month I did not feel so well the next day. So I was kind of holding my breath to see how I'd feel when I woke up this morning. But TODAY...I'm doing fine! I have been praising God for this day and for sparing me of the flu-like symptoms. It's been a great day.

Hosea 6:3
Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth.”

O Lord God,
We DO acknowledge You! You alone are our God, the One and Only. Thank You for the ways that You appear to us everyday. You are faithful and good. Rain on us, O God, to give us Your Spirit. Increase our hearts with hope and peace. We give You the praise for this day. Thank You.
In Jesus' Name. Amen.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Thankful for you feeling good after treatment. Keeping your in my prayers. Hugs!

James said...

May God grant you many more good days as you go through these treatments!

amhmom said...

I check your blog often looking for updates. I am so thankful you are having good days. May they continue and get even better! Wish I was closer - It would be such a treat for me to have some friend time with you!
Peace

amhmom said...

By the way ----- amhmom is Sheila

Unknown said...

Such good news about your feeling good the next day. So good to hear your upbeat spirit, too! You are in our family prayers nightly, and in also my prayers daily as I go on my "rolls." *hugs* -- Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
My name is Courtney. I found your blog today. Our stories are pretty similar. I, too, am now dealing with another stage 4 diagnosis after being healed of met. cancer 6 years ago. Please email me at cguidry3@bellsouth.net. I would love to talk to you further. Feeling pretty down today. God bless. Courtney Guidry

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I continue to have you in my heart and am praying for healing in His will and His way, and for your peace.
I am very touched each time I listen to your CD. Thank you for opening your heart in your songs.
Arlene

shirley said...

Lisa may God comfort & give you strength threw these hard times, In Jesus name. God Bless.