Sunday, July 17, 2011

Trip To Europe Part 2



We flew into Basel, Switzerland first, arriving late on a Sunday night. The next day was....my BIRTHDAY! Woohoo! I could not believe that I was IN Switzerland on my birthday!!! We spent Monday exploring Basel...which was really an interesting city. At the end of the day Tommy said "we should find a little cake or something for your birthday." We went into a nice grocery store, and I walked and walked around and decided to opt for a jar of Nutella and some awesome bread. :-) Happy birthday to me.


Tuesday was a day trip riding a train through Germany.



We rode through the region of the Black Forests...beautiful. We got off at a couple of small towns and just walked around exploring.


One place was a small museum in St. Georgen that had clocks and phonographs and other historical recording devices. Kind of random, but very interesting.





















Wednesday we took another train trip to Interlaken, Switzerland. There were so many beautiful spots there!


Hiking beside the lakes















Downtown Interlaken
A yodeler statue ...yep! It's true.














Jungfrau, one of the highest mountains in the Swiss Alps, as seen from the city of Interlaken.






13,462 ft. high.
No...we didn't climb it. :-) Maybe next time...







To be continued Thursday....

3 comments:

James said...

Great photos! It looks like a wonderful trip!

Patti said...

Oh Lisa! I've been excited to see part 2!!!! Great shots and what a wonderful time for your birthday! (I love Nutella too!) YUM! Love to you and Tom! Looking forward to next post! Love, P

Carissa said...

Ohhhhhh, you are making me want to go!!