Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trip to Europe - Part 3

LAUSANNE, SWITZERLAND

Many, many years ago, back when I was in the fifth grade, there was a family at our church that moved away to become missionaries. They moved to Switzerland! Their daughter, Becky, was my close friend, and after they moved we wrote letters back and forth through the years. I always thought "SOMEDAY...I want to go see Switzerland...". Well, my friend married and ended up living in Michigan. (We are still dear friends.)Her younger sister,Stephanie, eventually became a missionary herself with her husband Brady and children in the very city she grew up in as a child -Lausanne, Switzerland. When Tom and I found out we were going to Switzerland, we made plans to visit Stephanie and her family in Lausanne. She picked us up at the train station...and it was such an amazing moment in my heart. I couldn't believe that I was actually in Lausanne! Stephanie made us a delicious Swiss dinner, raclette, and a birthday cake! She is a wonderful cook and baker. What a memorable day. I celebrated my birthday twice in one week...in Switzerland! Life is good. :-)















Some things we saw in Lausanne...Lake Geneva (also called Lake Leman), hackysack with a net, The Olympic Museum and World Headquarters










2 comments:

Lisa said...

I was fortunate to spend a couple of days in Lausanne and it is the most beautiful little city. So charming! I am loving reading about your trip! So fun to see an old friend like that too!

Patti said...

WOW!!!!! What a trip and how wonderful to visit Lausanne and be with your friends there! What an amazing opportunity and birthday celebration for you too, Lisa! Thinking of you and loved seeing your photos. Thank you so much for sharing such a happy adventure for you and Tom. Love you always!