Friday, November 4, 2011

Scan Day

Last week I had some pain in my back and in my wrist and finally decided to go to my family doctor to check on them. He took some x-rays and said my right wrist was not broken but seemed to have tendinitis. Then he said the x-rays of my back showed a fractured rib! I remembered about 3 days earlier that I had bent over to put something away in the kitchen and I suddenly felt a sharp pain. That may have been when it broke, I don't really know.

Anyway, my family doctor said to contact my oncologist. She said just to be on the cautious side "let's go ahead and do your scans one month early". So now I am having them done this Monday, November 7th. They will do CT scans and a bone scan from head to toe. I start early at 6:50 am. Then I'll see my doctor about 11:30. I should get the results that same day.

The significance of all of this is that they are checking the rib area to see if it has been compromised or weakened from anything. The upside is that I am having the scans done one month early, which I'm thankful for because we can see the progress of healing in my vertebrae as well.

My prayer request is this... no cancer anywhere. Complete healing.

So...please join with our family in prayer, and maybe even fasting...if you feel called to do that.

Physically, I'm doing fine. I take ibuprofen every once in awhile. Mentally, emotionally and spiritually...God has filled up my heart with peace. That's good.

Thanks again for your prayers and love and encouragement. I consider them gifts of love from you and from the Lord.

O God,
Another test. I'm okay. Just keeping my focus on You. You are my Strength, my Hope and my Healer. Where else would I go but to You, O God? You are my Redeemer.
In Your Name, Jesus.
Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am with you, praying for complete healing from our King, the great Healer Jesus. I love you so much!! Judy

Patti said...

Loving you and praying specifically for NO Cancer......xoxoxo