Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Five Year Mark

Five years ago today, October 18th,2006, I was diagnosed with Stage 3 lobular breast cancer. Not what I wanted to hear. Not what I had prayed for. Not what I wanted to fight. Survivors call it " getting in the club that no one really wanted to join".

Five years. Wow.

There's SO much more I could say...but, really, it comes down to this...
...I am very grateful.

Thankful for one more day. Thankful to God for His mercy and love that is 24/7. I'm thankful for my precious husband, the true modern day Barnabus. I'm thankful for our beautiful children and their strength over the past five years. I'm thankful for my parents, sisters, mother-in-law, brothers and sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews and...SO many friends scattered near and far (and I mean far!) all around the world. Even strangers, people I've never ever met have written and told me that they've prayed for me. So much love and so much support...it has been incredible!

SO...today, this October 18th, I choose to celebrate this five year mark with a grateful heart. It is a day to celebrate the way God redeems all the hard, difficult days and brings good from them somehow. God has faithfully walked with me hour by hour, minute by minute. Today...I will celebrate and praise His Name all day long.


Thank You, O God, thank You!
I'm still here. The battle is still going on but I know that You will not leave my side. Whatever is ahead, I trust You, Lord, to teach me and to go with me.
Thank You for today. This is the day that You have made and I will rejoice in it!
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

3 comments:

Lori Young said...

Thankful for the good news, Lisa. You are such an inspiration to me. I love your strength, your courage, but most of all your faith. God is using you in powerful ways! Blessings be on you, Tommy, and your family. I will be praying for those normal numbers. Much love and many prayers! Thank you God for Lisa, for bringing her through the last 5 years, give her continued strength, courage, and faith in you. Lord, move each of those numbers in the right direction. In your holy name, Amen

Anonymous said...

Lisa, you were an amazing person when I knew you so many years ago and you are even more amazing, knowing what battles you have faced... I am praying for you today. I'm so thankful for God's peace that passes all understanding ~ Praying for your complete healing! love, Natalie

Patti R. said...

Hello again Miss Lisa....what a really wonderful post today on your blog! What a milestone to say that today is the 5 year mark of when you were diagnosed....and you are HERE to celebrate that! I celebrate life with you. I know you continue on with the battle,and you are constantly an inspiration to me and many others! My love is with you and my prayers include you on a regular basis. Have a great day!!!! xoxoxo