Monday, January 16, 2012

Psalm 23

One week has gone by since I saw my doctor. I have been learning how to carefully take the pain medication. It says to take 1 to 2 pills every 4-6 hours. On Wednesday I was really hurting so I tried 2 at 1pm and at 6pm. Too much for my body. I was so, so nauseous and dizzy. Now I am taking 2 ibuprofen and half a pill of the pain med every 4 hours, and that's working.

Saturday I called a church in CA that has a prayer ministry that uses Skype to pray with people. I've called there many other times and they are always encouraging. While speaking with them they prayed "Lord, please give Lisa a picture of what you want to give to her." So I closed my eyes and prayed with them and the image of a lamb came to my mind's eye. Of course, a lamb. The Lamb. He's already been given to us all. The perfect Lamb, Jesus, also is the Perfect Shepherd.
They also suggested that I read Psalm 23 in the amplified version and to meditate on it often. So, I did. It reads a little different than the King James version that is in my memory.

Psalm 23

A Psalm of David.

The LORD is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.
He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures;
He leads me beside the still and restful waters.
He refreshes and restores my life (my self);
He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name's sake.
Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my [brimming] cup runs over.
Surely or only goodness, mercy, and unfailing love shall follow me all the days of my life, and through the length of my days the house of the Lord [and His presence] shall be my dwelling place.


Tomorrow is my PET scan. 9 am. I don't really love going to all these tests, but I know that He'll be with me in that room with the giant machine. I will walk through today, tomorrow and all my days knowing deep in my heart that I have a faithful Shepherd who deeply loves me. Praise God for His goodness and mercy that follows me all the days of my life.

I praise You, O God, for Your love and mercy over me each day. You have blessed our family so much, protecting us through valleys and difficult situations. You are gracious and kind and good!Today...please give our family peace and comfort and confidence that You are with us through all the paths of life...valleys or mountains. I trust You and love you today and forever.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.


P.S. I have to add this link. It is one of my all time favorite YouTube videos


3 comments:

James said...

I am praying for you my friend!

Patti said...

Lisa, I am praying for you that tomorrow's PET scan goes very well, and without any complication for you and that will feel at ease as you go in for the test. I hope today you will not have pain and can relax your body and mind as you anticipate tomorrow's appointment. I love the video you posted. Precious. Sending much love to you, my dear friend. xoxo

shirley said...

Lisa, Hugs, God will be with you, & I'll be there in mind. Prayers out to you, We will have good results, in Jesus name. I loved the little girl video, (Psalms 23). Oh, about the pain pill, I do the same thing, I take mine, 1/2 at a time. I Love & God Bless you, Dear Sister. Hugs.