Saturday, September 29, 2012

Recovery

Tuesday was my liver "procedure".  That's what it's called, but from my point of view...it was surgery.  They called me in for the pre-op stuff, eventually rolled me into the O.R., and the last thing I remember was "Mrs. Carr, we are going to give you a little something for anxiety".  I said "Okay" and I was gone. :-)  They did not cut into me but went in with two needles for the two spots on my liver. The needles are fancy dancey tools that have tricks up their sleeve.  The main trick...to zap the cancer. And they did.  The doctor told Tom it went very well. I spent the night there and then went home on Wednesday around noon.

Since then...I've been recovering.  I guess I thought I'd have a couple of slow days and then rebound, but I haven't.  And Friday and today, I've felt a little worse.  I've had low grade fever.  I've had achey, flu like symptoms all day as well. Not feeling so great. Talked to my doctor tonight and she told me what pain meds to take for now.

Not going to make this long.  Please pray for my emotions and mind to be renewed with hope. Please pray for my spirit to be refreshed with the Spirit of God...who pours out exactly what I need.  And please pray for my body...to not have infection or fever, to not be in pain and to....be healed.  Head to toe.

God,
You know what today looked like.  Please, let tomorrow be better.  Restore, renew, refresh my heart of hearts.  I love You.
No matter what  tomorrow looks like, I will love You.
Always,
Lisa

2 comments:

dawnntn said...

Praying for peace to overtake you, physically and emotionally. Love you.

Kim T said...

Praying now for His Spirit to be beneath your feet, in your path, behind your back, embracing you,lifting your arms, filling you from the back of your neck, down your back, to the tips of your fingers, around your liver and down to your feet, all the way to your baby toes. now. amen