Saturday, November 10, 2012

Round Two

Monday I went in for the second treatment of Carboplatin chemo.  Saw my doctor, then went in to the treatment room.  By the time I got all the pre-meds, then Zometa (a bone strengthener) and the chemo, I sat there 3 hours.  The long stretch was broken up by a dear friend who came to visit me while I was sitting there.  She stayed about an hour and it was such a blessing to catch up, talking and laughing together.

This past week my response to the chemo was very mild...again. Wednesday night and Thursday I felt some mild side effects...fatigue and nausea.  But really the week was overall very mild and tolerable.  I'm so thankful for the Lord's care and covering over the week.   Thankful for answered prayers again.

My prayer requests are for the following...for the chemo to work and for the cancer to die; for food to be pleasant to me to eat so I can maintain or even gain weight; for my blood lab tests to show improvement; for strength for each day; for hope to not fade; and most of all...for all of my family to be completely covered by God for all of their needs.   

One more prayer request...I'm looking forward to seeing my son, my parents and two of my sisters next weekend!  The last time my parents saw me was about the first week of March...and I couldn't walk.  After that I had radiation and then the surgery that put "cement" in my L-5 vertebrae...and I could walk again.  I have longed to see them all for months now...and the Lord has made it possible.  Please pray for my body to be strong and stable enough to travel.  It will be by God's strength that I will be able to do it...that much I know.

"You are my strength when I am weak,  you are the treasure that I seek,
  You are my all in all.
  When I fall down, you pick me up,  when I am dry, you fill my cup
  You are my all in all.
  Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your Name!
  Jesus, Lamb of God, worthy is Your Name!"

4 comments:

Lisa said...

So thankful for a nice mild week. Enjoy the gift of your family next week. Love you and praying for you! Lisa

Bob said...

Love you girl. Praying for you. Thanking God for his healing power.

Cheryl said...

God frequently brings you to my mind to pray dear friend!! Will continue to pray!!

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you. Please have a safe and wonderful trip to see your parents! We love you, Lisa! Jana Miller