Saturday, December 1, 2012

Thanksgiving and Round Three

November was a wonderful month. Truly a time to be thankful to God!  Even though I was still on the chemo schedule, the highlight of November was that I got to go home... to see my parents, sisters and son in Nashville. Yay!!!  Our son has been home to visit many times through the year, and one of my sisters, Diane, has been to AR twice...but my parents and my sister Judy couldn't travel and I had not been over to Tennessee since March.  I think I mentioned it last time that in March I was in a wheelchair.  That was the last time my parents and sister saw me.  I was so glad to get out of the car and run to them.  We hugged and cried and hugged some more.

It was SO good to go to Tennessee.  I needed to see my family and they needed to see me.  I didn't know how my strength would be traveling like that, but once again, God took care of me.  I mostly stayed in, having quiet, hanging out time with my family.  I had a few surprise visits from friends.  They were wonderful and encouraging.  I also got to see my niece, nephew and great niece.  It was all truly good medicine.  And then, during the three days around Thanksgiving, my husband's family gathered at a state park for a reunion.  That was a sweet blessing as well! So thankful to God.

When I returned to Arkansas, that Monday was round three of Carboplatin.  I went in about 11 and finally finished about 3:30. Once again, I had a dear, longtime friend come and sit with me for a good while and had such a nice catchup time with her!

The biggest thing that happened Monday was that my doctor set the dates for scans.  I will be going for CT and bone scans on December 14th.  That is a big day.  Right now I am not looking ahead, but trying to keep my eyes on Jesus TODAY.

The other Carboplatin chemo treatments have had mild side effects that usually started on Wednesday or Thursday.  But this time, I started feeling yucky, flu-like symptoms early,  Tuesday afternoon.  I hunkered down, took meds, slept, didn't eat much until the cloud lifted Thursday night and definitely Friday. Yay.  I was surprised by the early attack, but just glad when it was over.

Thank you for the prayers you have prayed, not just for my trip to Tennessee, but for the whole year!  I've been overwhelmed with faithful prayer warriors...praying for me but also for our whole family.  It's been incredible!  Thank you so much.

I'll write some more soon regarding the scans.  In the meantime...I praise God for today and for His glorious love over our family hour by hour.  He is good.





1 comment:

Linda said...

Praying for good news!