Saturday, December 23, 2006

Mary's Birthday

Life is pretty full at our house right now. Last week Jesse graduated; this week Mary turned 12 years old. Then we celebrate Christmas, then Jesse's birthday (23) and then he moves to Nashville. Whew. Lots of joyful celebration, but also lots of life transition. I've never been very good with change. One thing I do know is that change doesn't wait around for my approval. It keeps happening anyway.

As far as my health status...this week went from Sunday being a very bad day to Wednesday beginning to feel better again. I just wasn't expecting this treatment to be any different than the other two...and it was. I had much more nausea this time. But I woke up Wednesday morning and I could just tell I felt better and could eat. I asked Tommy to take me out for breakfast. We headed down to Bobby's and I had 2 pancakes, a piece of bacon and two eggs! It was so wonderful to eat a nice full meal and feel good afterward. I was ( and still am) very grateful that I have felt good coming into the weekend.

Jamie got out of school on Wed and Mary got out Thursday. Tommy had Friday off so Friday felt like a Saturday with everyone home...which was great!

Today, Saturday, was focused on Mary. We had a stay-at-home day. She wanted to make her own birthday cake, so she worked on that in the afternoon. She chose to make a white cake with chocolate Cool Whip as the frosting. Then she wrote "Happy Birthy Mary" in food gel pen. Yes...Happy Birthy. :-) We decided to erase the y and so it said Happy Birth! :-) It all worked out. Tonight her family, grandparents, Uncle, Aunt and cousin all properly sang, gave presents and celebrated her into her status as a dozen years old.

I am thankful...

For a 23 year old son that is sweet and loves the Lord. For a 12 year old that is wonderful and also loves the Lord. For a season when we think about our dear Jesus's arrival and celebrate His gift of coming to save us. For a family that is loving and strong and well knit together. And for more friends than any one person should be blessed with!

I am so thankful.

One day at a time. Today is almost done, and the Lord was a part of this whole day. He is ever present and continually faithful to hold me up. My chin went down this past week, but He gently took His hand, tenderly cupped my chin , lifted it back up, so once again I could look into His eyes.

I am very, very thankful.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your faith, my dear friend, has been an inspiration to me for the past 26 years. Merry Christmas to you and your family. I love you.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I check your blog regularly to see how you are feeling and what's up with the family. Looking forward to having some of your family in Nashville this week. I will check in on Jesse regularly.

U.J.

Glo said...

Happy birthy to Mary! Happy Birthday to Jesse! (Mary, I do that all the time when I'm decorating!) The love that is so present in your family certainly overflows into many others'..... you are blessed and we are blessed to receive that overflow from time to time. Hugs to you all. Lisa, how good to hear that you are feeling better!