Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Tom got home Monday night...yeah! He flew into Memphis and got there around 5:30pm. He called and said he'd be home around 8:30. Then ...we got another call. The van broke down right after they had crossed over the Mississippi River bridge. They were sitting in West Memphis waiting for a AAA tow truck to arrive. (sigh) They ended up having the van towed all the way to Searcy and riding in the tow truck with the driver. He and John arrived around midnight. I was just glad the breakdown was in Arkansas, instead of somewhere in Africa!

He's home now...and we are thankful!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Lisa, I'm so thankful that Tommy got home. You're words fill me with awe and encouragement. We have such a great LORD! Thank you LORD!. I know the battles are weary. May God be glorified in everything.

Here's my new favorite verse.Maybe it's one your haven't seen in a while.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jer. 29:11-13

It has brought me great comfort of late.
Thank you for your blessed words.We are lifting you up daily.
Love to you and your family.
Pam Horton

David U said...

Lisa, Tommy gave me the link to your blog, and I will be a regular from now on! Jan and I take you to the Father on a regular basis.
We are honored to be able to do that.

I am glad Tommy is home from West Africa, and at the same time jealous that he gets to go. I hope to be able to go back to Nigeria with him at some point. Part of my heart is still there.

Love you much,
DU

Anonymous said...

So glad DU posted your blog. I'm a "lurker" on most blogs, but wanted you to know we have been praying for you and your family and so glad to get to know you all.

Love and prayers,

Judy S.

Anonymous said...

I came here from DU, too. I have a boss/friend who went through breast cancer treatment and surgery and more treatment in early 2006. She is doing wonderfully.

I learned that "it's just hair" and that those of us who are watching, suffer more than we thought we would.