Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Test Week

It's been a little while since I've written. Tom got back safely from Ghana and had a very good trip! We were thankful for all his safe travels and return.

This week is test week. I will go tomorrow morning, Wednesday, for a CT scan of my shoulder, a bone scan of the whole body and a bone density test to see about the strength of my bones after the chemo. I am not anxious, which is NOT a small thing. I know that is the Lord giving me peace. I am gratefully walking with peace, which I know is coming from lots of praying folks asking the Lord to be with me this week. Thanks for your prayers!

Then Friday I go for a MRI for my chest area. This is at the request of my breast surgeon, who says I will need to do this every 2 years for awhile. They are just keeping a close watch over that area. Once again, I feel peaceful. Praise God!

The Scripture that I'm leaning on comes from 2 Chronicles 20. King Jehoshaphat has a whole lot of armies coming against his kingdom, Judah, and a prophet tells him:
"Fear not, and be not dismayed at this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's. You will not have to fight this battle; take your position, stand still, and see the victory of the Lord on your behalf, O Judah and Jerusalem. Fear not, and be not dismayed; tomorrow go out against them, and the Lord will be with you." And then they all stood up and praised the Lord.

They praised Him BEFORE they won. That is so hard. To trust before we get to SEE it happen.

So...today, the day before I go in for all these tests, I've decided is a day of praise. I'm not going to be asking Him all day long "please rescue me tomorrow, let all these tests have great results." Instead, this is my prayer...

Thank You, O Father, for going before me in this battle! Thank You for letting me stand firm and take my position while You fight, not me! Thank You for loving me so much and for giving me Your word that reminds me what to do...to NOT fear or be dismayed. I trust You with today. I trust You with tomorrow, O Lord, my Rock and my God. I praise Your holy Name. In Jesus I pray. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just see you marching in right behind Him!!! Stay strong!

Traveling Woman said...

So glad that Tom had a good trip. Praying with you for the tests this week and for your continued peace. God Bless