Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Check up yesterday

I saw my oncologist yesterday. My blood levels were almost back to normal, which was good. Then I talked to her for the first time since I got the biopsy report back that said "no cancer" (Dec.28)

My doctor was encouraged by that report but "not convinced of it". I told her that I believe God has healed my shoulder, and she was open to that but said she still wanted to keep testing me, to keep an eye on it. SO...a month from now I will go back for a bone scan, a CT scan and a bone density test (to check on osteoporosis). I asked her about getting my port out but she said not yet, which means she believes I may not be through needing it. On a good note, I asked about going to Africa with Tom and she said "Yes, that would be fine." She thought it would be a good thing for me to do.

That was the report. She wants to be convinced there is no cancer and so she has ordered more tests. Ever since I left her office I have been thinking and praying and reading the Scriptures. Basically she spoke words to me that were words of doubt and concern and unbelief that there was a healing afterall. It is so interesting to me...I have one friend who is a well respected surgeon and he wondered about the first diagnosis, whether it had been read by the radiologist correctly or not. My doctor, who is a well respected oncologist, is wondering about the last test, the biopsy, and whether it was read correctly or not. I don't know the answer. I have to go back to what I do know.

I know that God has been moving in my life in a new way. I know there were many, many evidences of the Lord stepping into this story. Too many coincidences to be called coincidences. Whether there was no cancer and it was a false report, or if there was cancer there and it was an accurate report, I believe now there is no cancer. No cancer, in Jesus' Name.

NOW...how that looks on a scan or a medical report or a doctor's visit, I don't understand that part. Those are all "seen" things. I am believing the unseen.
That's faith. I don't understand everything, but I am believing that God has healed me.

I told her that I was fine with getting more tests and walking this out, because I believe the Lord will continue to show what He has done on each test I take.

I guess I was naive to think that this was all wrapped up and finished. I can see now that the battle is still on. Satan is not about healing, he is all about destruction. I am leaning on the One who has already won the battle against the enemy so many years ago at the cross. Jesus defeated our enemy, Satan.

He lost.

SO..."by His wounds" I am healed. I Peter 2:24

The story continues. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I love your faith in God! What an awesome story your walk is, Lisa. Keep walking. Keep talking. Keep telling the Good News like you do.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, It is so good to read your blog about your healing and we are so happy for you. Our heritage has missed out so much with our lack of faith and expectation of what our God can do and does.
If you are interested in reading some great books, check out an author by the name of Bill Johnson. I have read 3 of his books, When Heaven Invades Earth, The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind, and Strenghten Yourself in the Lord, which really have epened my eyes to the reality of the power of God in our lives today.
Keep blogging and telling your stoy. We are thankful that you are well.
Old friends in Michigan