Tuesday, January 4, 2011

PET scan report

Quick review...two weeks ago I had CT and bone scans and they found 2 spots on my spine that they considered "suspicious" for cancer. So, the next step was to take a different look with the PET scan, which shows any rapid activity throughout my body. Last Wednesday I went in for the PET scan and then got the results today.

She said that there were no signs of uptake anywhere else in my body except one of the spots that they saw on the CT scan. The L3 that showed a spot on the CT was normal! No uptake! The T12 showed some uptake. (For all you medical folks, 2.1 is base and it was 4.3). BUT they said that it was very, very small...too small to reach for a biopsy.

So...the plan is this: 1) they changed my endocrine treatment from Tamoxifen to Arimidex, which they believe is a better estrogen blocker for me 2) they will call tomorrow to tell me the tumor marker level from my blood today and they will continue to watch my blood levels 3) they will have another radiologist read the scans to double check and will call me Friday with his report 4) I go back to see her in one month and she will re-evaluate everything.

WOW!!! I was SO happy! I AM so happy! Praising God!!! One of the spots...gone??? That is incredible and I give God the glory! I truly believe the other one is in the process of healing. Smaller, smaller, gone. I'm believing that before it happens.

SO Thankful!!!! Praise God for His mercy and His love and for going before me. I have been in a whirlwind for 4 weeks, but it all slowed down to a gentle breeze again. God is so good.

Oh God, thank You once again for healing me! Thank You for hearing our cries. Thank You for the L3 spot just being gone! Crazy...and amazing! Thank YOU!!! And thank You, for healing the other spot. I trust You Lord with every cell, every drop of blood, every breath. I know this is a gift. I have not earned any, ANYthing. Thank You for this gift of today. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

1 comment:

James said...

Great news! Praise God!