Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Grateful Heart

It's Wednesday...and I'm actually doing pretty well.  Yay!  Praise God!

Monday we saw the doctor.  She said the new chemo is usually given in one dosage every three weeks, but she decided to divide it into three dosages so that it doesn't hit me as hard.  That's why I'm going once a week, for three weeks and then I get one week off.   (I really don't get that week off because I get other drugs that are on a different schedule, so I'm basically going every Monday.)  About my scans next week, she said that she didn't feel like we needed the scans because we can see from my lab and from just seeing me physically get around better, that the last treatments were working.  But since we are starting a new chemo, she said we could wait till I'm on it for awhile, probably 3 months, and then get the scans done.  She said we could get the scans if I just wanted to see, but it was up to me.  Tom and I both said "no...that's okay, we don't have to see the scans".  They have a lot of radiation, so if I can avoid them, that's great.

My lab results were good again!  Calcium was 9.3 (10 is normal) and the tumor markers both had gone down some more (yay)...one in the normal range, one close. All indications seem to be that it is working.  My doctor believes it is the Avastin in particular that is working well to stop the growth.  I'm grateful for her optimism and confidence.  My prayer is just that the new chemo will continue the good momentum.

Thanks SO much for your prayers!  It's amazing that I haven't been real sick on this Day 3.  That is so wonderful! SO thankful to God!  I'm also feeling more peace about the drug change.  Instead of being frustrated with the insurance issue, I'm remembering that God is in control of all of this and believing that this is what He wanted next.  I want to trust Him always.

Thank You, God, for being with me on Monday!  Thank You for the great results and for helping me to transition to this new drug.  Father, I'm believing that You have orchestrated all of these details.  You are so good and so full of love for us all.  Thank You for giving me strength and peace for this day. I give You all the praise! 
In Jesus Name.
Amen.

2 comments:

That Girl said...

I'm glad to read about your attitude toward the change of medicines. Keith and I were sitting outside this morning and I complained so much about your insurance company. If you're not going to complain, I won't either!

Anonymous said...

Yay, that is what I wanted to hear--good labs and feeling good today (Wednesday). I was going to write you later today and see how you were feeling since it was now Wednesday, but you beat me to it by posting in your blog. I am REALLY REALLY glad you are feeling good! I LOVE that your doctor broke the treatments into three--that is very smart!! More trips, yes, but easier on the bod--good plan!

I like your great attitude about the change in meds. I can't tell you how many times I've groused about something not going the way I planned or wanted, only to find the way it turned out was actually better. Like you said, "the way God wanted it to go."

I didn't get to talk to you much on Sunday but it DID seem to me like you were getting around better. Yay! Also, I am really thrilled that your calcium count is so normal! SUCH a good sign! Yay yay yay YAY!!

Praising God with you, my friend. :)

Love you!
Julie