Saturday, June 30, 2012

Prodigals

In the middle of this medical journey that I am walking through, God truly has given me a joyful surprise along the way!

On July 12-15, the local community theater in Searcy, Arkansas, Center on the Square, is going to present a program of songs that I wrote called "Prodigals".  I am SO excited and honored that it's going to be done!  There are 12 songs all together and they tell the wonderful story that Jesus told 2,000 years ago about the prodigal son.  The songs are being performed by local singers and the music performed live.  This is a dessert theatre.  Coffee and a variety of desserts will be served and are included in the ticket price.

The other exciting part is that the production will be a benefit for IHCF African Christian Hospitals ministry, which is the ministry where Tom works.  Specifically, the money will go straight to a new Cancer Treatment program that began in Nigeria this past year.  It was started by two surgeons from America and two Nigerian doctors at Nigerian Christian Hospital.  They've also written a book that is being used throughout Africa called "Where There is No Oncologist".

This whole battle I've been fighting is not a journey that most Africans with cancer ever have to deal with. Not because there is no cancer in Africa, but because, for the most part, there is no treatment available.  It is rarely an option.  I have had treatment available since the very first day I found out I had cancer...and promptly began all that was available.   I am SO blessed to live in a country that has medicine to fight back. Nigerian Christian Hospital, in West Africa, has begun an oncology program that is wanting to "fight back" cancer in their region.  I am so excited that this show, "Prodigals", will benefit this new cancer program.

I wrote the "Prodigals" songs about 20 years ago and have always hoped that someday they could be performed at a wonderful theater like this. Can't believe that it's actually happening! :-)  ....and that it will bless my husband's work of helping the sick in Africa in the name Jesus.  YAY!  SO thankful!

If you are in our area, I hope you will come and see it!  I think you'll be blessed.  And if you are not close by, I would love for you to pray that the shows will be successful.

Showtimes are June 12-14  at 7 pm  and June 15 at 1:30.  You can call Center on the Square for reservations and information at 501-368-0111. Tickets are $15 and may be purchased in advance or at the door.  Please come if you can!


If you want to participate with helping African Christian Hospitals, their addresss is
102 N. Locust, Searcy, AR 72143.

Here is a link to the theater for more information...

Dessert Theater: Prodigals at Center on the Square

Thanks so much!!!

P.S.  Monday I go for treatment again...thank you for your continued prayers.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I so wish I could come! I know it will be a wonderful evening and for such a great cause!