Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Not so good

Yesterday Tom and I went to see my oncologist in Little Rock.  We got back the results from the scans on Friday and they were not so good.

The scans showed progression.  Some of the old cancerous spots had grown some, plus there were new spots...the pelvic bones, both left and right, and my femur bones, both left and right.  Also, they examined the liver and they could see the 2 spots that were "zapped" in Sept. and they looked "zapped", no growth.  But 10 new spots were found on the liver, and a couple were larger than the others.  Overall...progression.

The new plan....(is this Plan C or D or T?)....is 1) get my calcium down.  I will go today to get fluids to help that.  Then 2) I will visit the radiologist here in Searcy at CARTI and she will assess what spots we might zap with radiation to relieve pain.  Then 3)  I will once again try a new chemo drug, starting on January 2, if all systems are go.

Yes...we are sad.  This is not what we were hoping to hear.  But we still are walking with hope that God is the Healer and can still rescue me.  I know the reality of this and I am not dismissing it.  What I'm doing is trying to see the facts but then turning my heart and eyes to Jesus and saying "so, what about these facts? What do you want me to do?"  I know at least part of His answer is to "not worry about tomorrow" but to live one day at a time.  Another response is to keep close to Him in my heart and mind.  He will not leave me alone.  Beyond that, I will seek His message for more.

Gotta go get fluids.  THANK YOU for your amazing prayers!  They were heard, I believe that.  We cannot see what is happening in the unseen world of God.  I'm trusting Him even when I can't see it or understand.

Oh God,
Take this heaviness and lift my heart.  I do not want to waste today with sorrow, but to live and walk through today with Your strength.  I will hang on tight to Your strong hand all day, like a child grabs the safety of their parents loving hand.  I am Your child and You are my God.  I praise You and love You even in this place.  You are holy and tender and right here, surrounding my presence.  I love You.  Always.
Your daughter,
Lisa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are prayerful, Lisa! Love you!
David and Jan

Anonymous said...

So, so sorry, Lisa. I hate that you had to wait for test results and go in and hear them and most of all, I'm sorry that they are were not so good. I hate that you and Tom and your family have to go through this. I hate the fact that we live in a fallen world where things like this even happen.

I am praying for you AS ALWAYS and I know you have many, many friends who are praying for you, too. What a blessing that is! What a blessing it is that you are a Christian and have such a strong faith, too.

Praying for "Plan D" and sending you much love, sweet Lisa.

Julie E.

Anonymous said...

Lisa my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

Anonymous said...

Love you, Lisa. Praying for comfort and peace for you and Tom.

Karl R.

Libby Lynn said...

I'm praying for you, Lisa, and all of your family. I'm so sorry for all you are having to endure, and am praying that God will hold you close to his heart, and help you feel his presence more and more throughout this trial. Your faith in him strengthens my own. Bless you, sweet sister in Christ!

Libby Lynn

Teresa said...

My family knows too well to live each day with all our hearts...living in the present. But we also know the power of prayer. You will have ours for as long as it takes to lift this burden from you.

Dave & Linda Johnston said...

Dave & I continue to pray for your healing and for peace and calm midst the storm. Yes, Jesus is our healer and He 'doeth all things well'.

Dave & Linda Johnston

Ashley Carr said...

"O Lord, heal me, for my bones are troubled."
- Psalm 6:2
Am thinking of you always.