Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Appointments, Sweet Moments and Victory

One week ago on Monday,  my doctor diagnosed that my right foot had celluitis. So, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I received antibiotics by IV to attack the infection.  On Wednesday my doctor said that it had improved enough that I could begin the antibiotics orally at home, instead of coming into Little Rock and being hospitalized.  That was great news!  I also received fluids that day, as she thought I may have been dehydrated.  I think she was right because Thursday I woke up feeling so much better! Really, I felt great Thursday on...just felt stronger, no nausea.  Yay God!

I also had a short visit from our oldest child, Jesse over the weekend.  That is always great medicine!  He and his friend Peyton came over to film the musical I wrote about the Biblical story of the prodigal son, called Prodigals.  They began filming Sunday afternoon about 1:30 and finished around 9 pm!  I was SO grateful to God that I felt well enough to sit and watch the production work.  I didn't stay the whole time, but I stayed a lot longer than I thought I could.  It really was exciting!  Jesse and Peyton did a great job and the cast was SO wonderful, SO talented.  The whole day was touching to me because I felt like I was watching a dream of my heart coming true.  God is moving forward with the music of Prodigals, and I can truly say it has happened by His hand. The Holy Spirit has quietly moved other people to have the same heart desire, the same vision that I have had for years...and they are making it happen. Wow. God is so good.

I went to the doctor yesterday, Monday, and she examined my foot again.  It was declared "improved", which is a word I always like hearing.  My blood count number was low, so she wanted me to get another blood transfusion.  I received IV fluids yesterday.  Today I am going in to get the transfusion.  I believe this may be my fourth one this year. 

Wednesday is a day I'd really like your prayers.  I will have outpatient surgery to remove and replace stents that are in the ureters, from the kidney to the bladder.  They have to be replaced every 2 months.  Yes, every two months.  Sounds like a lot, but...the alternative is to have blocked kidneys that do not function.  I'll take the surgery.

I think that's about it.  God continues to hold us up week after week.  Some of the sweet highlights of last week...
    *a visit from a dear young girlfriend from Nashville, Ashley
    *a meal brought from dear friends at our church
    *a greatly needed haircut from another dear friend, who comes to my house and cuts
      my hair
    *more food from another family we love at our church
    *drop in visits from our grown up college girl, Mary
    *Jamie's weekend visit
    *Betsy's gift of taking me to appointments
    *two precious young visitors for Sunday lunch...Miss Naomi and Miss Olivia (and
      their daddy too) :-)
    *Jesse's visit and gift of filming Prodigals
    *our small group at church came over to our home and shared communion and
      loving conversation with us
    *lots of texts and calls
    *and...always...the tender support of my true love, Tommy Carr

All of this is like the story of Moses needing his arms held up, literally.  The Israelites would have victory as long as his arms were up.  So men began to support them, so he wouldn't weary.  (Exodus 17:8-13)  They sat Moses on a rock and then they held up his hands.  At the end of the day, God had defeated their enemies. Victory.

Dear Father,
That is such an amazing story.  Lord, I'm not Moses, but I know You love all of us as much as You loved him.  We all get weary.  I'm tired of all of this.  I know there are others that have big issues that they are tired of too.  Thank You, Father, for sending help, for sending people to hold up our arms. 
Let me focus on the sweet moments of each day, and not dwell on the hard moments.  I do praise You! Thank You for faithfully and lovingly holding me up day after day, week after week.  I could NOT move forward through even one day without You.  I love You and will continue to love You all of my days.
Your daughter forever,
Lisa

1 comment:

Lisa Leichner said...

Ah, Lisa. So sweet and inspirational. You remind me that we're all going through our daily battles and sometimes weary of the struggle. Thank you, LORD, for the strength that comes to us through your people and lifts up our arms when we really need the help.
Love you, Lisa!