Saturday, October 12, 2013

He's Forever Faithful

Thanks so much for your prayers for last Wednesday!  The stent surgery went well, no complications or problems.  Tom and I went to the hospital at 9:30 am and came home around 3:30 pm. 

When we got home, we were bracing ourselves for the recovery but Thursday I woke up feeling fine, and continued to have a great day.  Friday was the same.  We have been praising God for making this surgery recovery easier than the last surgery in August.  I think the last one was difficult because it had all started with a traumatic situation...renal failure.  I spent a total of five days in the hospital trying to get all my numbers back to normal, plus just recovering from the surgery.  This time has been completely calm.  Yay God!  I believe it's the prayers.  Since this is a surgery I have to have every 2 months, it certainly has given me less dread of the next time.  That is a huge mental/emotional blessing on the side.

Right now the battle issue, (besides the overall war with cancer), is that I am having problems with swelling in my legs and feet.  People say "what's causing that?"
My lymphatic system in the pelvic area is effected by cancerous spots in that area.  Because the lymph nodes are not doing what they're meant to do, pulling the lymphatic fluids out of my lower body, the fluid is in my legs and my feet.  Both are puffy and stretched larger than they should be. That makes it a little difficult to walk now.  I also am still fighting the celluitis in the right foot with antibiotics.  It appears to be pretty much gone.  Hooray!!!  But the foot is still tender, with kind of a bruised feeling underneath the skin.  My prayer request for this week is for the swelling to go away!  Please pray for the lymph nodes to be healed.  That sounds big, but I believe in praying big.  Yes, continue that prayer with an overall "no more cancer" prayer.  Nothing is impossible with God.

This coming week I don't have any appointments  (woohoo!).  I'm supposed to finish recovering and then I'll get back to chemo treatments the week of the 21st.

Thank you so much for praying about last week...and for being ready to continue week after week.   There is one event that is happening this coming week.   Friday, October 18th, marks the day I was first diagnosed in 2006.  I don't want to rejoice that I got cancer, but I will celebrate that I have lived 7 more years of life.  I'll write more about that on Friday.   I'll use this coming week to be thankful to God for being with me every day of those 7 years.  He is forever faithful.

God,
Thank You for being with me last week, especially on Wednesday!  I'm so grateful to You that it went smoothly, no problems.  Thank You!  Thanks for the rain this morning, for the sunshine this afternoon.  Thanks for my dinner date with my true love last night.  Thank You for all the sweet ways You walk with me everyday.  Thank You most of all, for loving me. Thanks.  Because of that love, I can walk forward, unafraid of the days ahead.  I know that no matter what will happen, You will not walk away from me.  That brings incredible peace that I could never just muster up...it's from You.
With much, much love,
your daughter Lisa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lisa! You've brightened my day. Praying for you in Phoenix!
Tee Carr

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful words. Jill HOLADAY

Anonymous said...



Dear Lisa,
You are an inspiration to me daily and I pray fervently that God will give you healing . We love you.
Sylvia Branchxessop

Jill Davis said...

In agreement!
Jill Davis

Natalie Evans said...

Lisa, you are such an inspiration. My heart is completely praying for you. I marvel at how you have held on in spite of the years you have fought this. You are truly one of a kind. May God give you full health. That is what I am praying for you. Much love, Natalie