Monday, February 5, 2007

Renewed Hope

Last Monday I woke up and had a hard time getting out of bed. The path report we heard from the doctor on Wednesday was still on my mind. The report had grown bigger in my heart than the hope that I had there before I heard it.

But the Lord changed that. As the day went on God sent encouragement in different forms. The first one was a friend that lives here. She listened to me and then stepped in to fight the battle. She prayed with me over the phone and said when we got off she'd begin praying for my heart to be encouraged again and for Satan to go away. Spiritual warfare. I know she did pray because by the end of the day my heart had completely turned around and was once again filled with hope.

After her call, I got another call from my friend Debbie and she said "Lisa, here's your verse for today." Okay. She said to look up Deut. 20:1. So I did after we hung up. It said...
"When you go forth to war against your enemies and see horses and chariots and an army that is bigger than your own, you shall not be afraid of them; for the Lord your God is with you, who brought you up out of the land of Egypt. And when you draw near to the battle the priest shall come forward and speak to the people, and shall say to them, "Hear, O Israel, you draw near this day to battle against your enemies: let not your heart faint; do not fear or tremble or be in dread of them; for the Lord your God is He who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to give you the victory." Deuteronomy 20:1-4.

Wow. What a relief! I was reminded by those verses that the Lord is fighting this battle. The cancer seems like "an army bigger than your own". Ultimately, He is in charge of the final victory. I don't know the end of this war...I just don't. But I can rest in the fact that He is fighting this battle for me. The Lord is WITH me and goes BEFORE me and SURROUNDS me. As my friend Lisa says often "You are covered, girl, covered!"


Lord, thank you for renewing my heart with hope that can only come from You. Thank you for sending troops again...with prayers, scripture, flowers and food, all in one day. Thank you Lord, so much, for your continued tender care day by day. All praise to Your mighty and holy Name!

No comments: