Thursday, February 15, 2007

Yesterday I went to the surgeon's office for a checkup. (It has been three weeks since my surgery.) She said I was healing great and again, was very pleased.
She released me to go ahead and begin my chemo treatments. So I called my oncologist and I'll begin my fifth treatment this Monday. I see the doctor at 9:00am and then I'll start around 10.

It's been six weeks since my last treatment. Even though the surgery was in the middle of the six weeks, it has been a nice break to not be in the treatment cycle. But the reality is...I know I need the chemo to finish off this battle against the cancer.
SO...here I go. Starting Monday.

Tom and I got to go off together for an overnight trip on Valentine's Day. He spoke at a church last night up near Mountain Home, AR. I was so glad to get to go with him. I haven't left this county since October, so it was nice to even get away for one night with my Valentine. He has been such an incredible husband throughout this whole thing. Recently I saw some list that was like "Top Ten things that a husband should do to help a wife with cancer". He had done all of them, plus more that were not on the list. No one told him there was a list. It's just his nature to be kind and loving and encouraging. Over and over he has spoken just the right words that I needed to hear at just the right time. He's held me, wiped away tears, made me laugh out loud, changed my outlook by giving wise advice, cleaned up the kitchen one more time, and prayed over me again and again. I am so grateful for my sweet Tommy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I am so touched every time I read your words. You have such a gentle spirit, and it amazes me to see the strength you have as you fight this battle. Your Tommy is so wonderfully sweet to you, and I'm so glad you have him to hold onto. Praise God for giving you someone physically present to help get you through this. I love you!!