Monday, April 9, 2007

April 9, 2007

I had a wonderful Easter weekend. Jesse and my sister Judy came over from Tennessee. It was fun, of course, to have Jesse here. And Judy and I had not seen each other since last July! We had lots of good visiting time together.

I'm not going to write much today...I'm not feeling well. I did fine over the weekend, but Mary started feeling bad Sunday night...sore throat and congestion. I kept her home from school today. By about 10am I could feel something coming ...sore throat and my nausea. I decided to rest all day. Mary and I had to "be sick" away from each other. She was in the family room, watching Andy Griffith DVD's. I was in my bedroom. I slept a LOT today, which was good.

She's feeling better tonight. I feel about the same. My immune system probably is working its best to fight off this bug. I am asking for prayers for both of us to get well soon. Some dear friends in Tennessee have blessed me with tickets to a Woman of Faith Conference in Little Rock this Friday and Saturday. I'm pretty excited about going...now I just have to get well. Please pray that I can be there this weekend. Betsy is going with me also. I know it will be a sweet time of encouragement.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I'm praying you get well soon and have a wonderful WOF weekend. You will be blessed by it, I'm sure. How fun!

Much love!

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
As I told you over the weekend, thanks so much for inviting us to share in the good time of the pancake breakfast on Saturday morning. We really enjoyed being with all of your very kind and gracious family. And, yes, I am continuing to pray for you and tonight our Ladies' Class will continue to as well. Thanks for the details of this blog so we can know specifics.
Arlene