Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Woohoo!!!

Yesterday was my 8th treatment and yesterday was my LAST treatment! Praise God!

Tom and I visited the doctor first. I was so glad to hear her say it would be my last one. She told me to properly celebrate this milestone. Then I went in for my treatment time and it was DEFINITELY an easier day knowing it was my last time to sit there. The whole treatment only lasted 3 hours, which is shorter than many of the others. We were out by 1:30! The nurses there sang "Happy Graduation Day" to me and I got a cute certificate with a purple heart on it. After hugging my other patient friends that were all still sitting down, we walked out to the sunshine and fresh air. YEAH!!! A huge victory.

Thank You, O God, for Your faithfulness to carry me through these treatments. So many people have prayed and prayed that I would be held up, and I have been. Thank You! I know it's not over, I still have more marathon miles to run, but this is a day of rejoicing and praising You. You are my loving, tender and faithful God.
Thank You again and again. In Jesus' Name.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you and happy for you! What a great milestone this is for you. Not only have you successfully made it this far in the "race".... you've been an incredible witness to us all while doing it. I love you.

TDC

P.S. See I read your blog too :-)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! So excited for you! Continuing to pray. Hi and hugs to Tommy too. :)

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Dan and I are celebrating with you!

Anonymous said...

I think maybe you can hear my WOO-HOO all the way from Atlanta, but I guess not, so here it is: WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!
kin

Anonymous said...

So thrilled to hear this wonderful news, Lisa.....Love to all of you!