Friday, June 29, 2007

I'M DONE!!!!

HOORAY!!!!! I finished number 33 today at 8:30 am. PRAISE GOD!!!!

Tom came with me. I brought my camera and took pictures of the therapists, the machine, the dressing room, my older friend Liz who started one day after me, etc.
The treatment was normal and short. I had imagined for quite some time now that I would stand up on the table and jump off like a superhero and proclaim my joy. I didn't. (Aren't you glad?) Instead, I asked the 3 women therapists to pray with me. We were all teary together. I was done, really done.

We went home, got Mary and Jamie and headed over to Lion Stadium, Jamie's high school football stadium and track. Tommy and I walked around the track and then I ran the last stretch, with Mary and Jamie holding an orange tape stretched out for me to break through at the finish line (Tommy thought of that). We all hugged and prayed, thanking God for His faithfulness.

O Lord, my Strength,
How is it that You should be so mighty and glorious
and yet, so tender and loving,
that You show me Your love
day after day, hour after hour?
You are my God, my life, my hope, and my strength,
my Savior, my Friend,
my Bread and Water of Life.
You are my All.
I love You O Lord
and praise Your glorious Name,
The Name
The Name Above All Names
And it is in that Name
that I thank You
on this wonderful day,
thank You, again and again,
in Jesus Christ,
Amen.

8 comments:

Rosalinda said...

We've all been waiting for this! Yippee!! It's exhilarating to read, and to know you have come this far with the Lord's help. Thanks so much for letting us share your joy!

Love you SO much,
Rosalinda

Lara said...

Hip, hip hooray!!
Hip, hip hooray!!
Ol' radiation is
over today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milestones will be celebrated.

Anonymous said...

Lisa..... I am very grateful that you decided to share so many aspects of this extremely challenging "battle". I have learned a tremendous amount that I didn't know before now and more than once I have had tears in my eyes as I read your description of parts of the process. Thank you for sharing so many of your reactions, and your feelings..be it anger, frustration, encouragement, joy, fear, relief, weakness, strength, faithfulness and gratefulness, to name a few. I am just overjoyed with you that today happened and that you have arrived at this place in the journey. Sending love to all of the Carrs as you celebrate today together.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I'm so excited for you, being done with this phase. I love the symbolic lap around the track, what a great idea! You are an amazing example to so many of courage and strength and reliance on God.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on this HUGE milestone, Aunt Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are so happy for you! As my mom would say, "Yay God!!"

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I am so delighted and grateful for you and the completion of this treatment! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and praises.
Arlene

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mom on finally winning your race!Jamie,Dad,and I love you very much and are sooooooo proud of you for not giving up your faith that Jesus is going to pull you through everything. And guess what... He did!I love you soo much. Toodles:)
~Mary~

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord Jesus!!!