Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Past the Half-Way Mark

Last Thursday I reached the half-way point in my radiation treatment. Today was Day #20 out of 33 total.

Last week I did finally start having some of the radiation symptoms...my skin is red and dry, but it is not bad. I use a prescription wound gel that really heals the skin quickly. My throat feels kind of weird because they are zapping near my collar bone (getting the lymph nodes that are there). They said that the radiation is probably just irritating the esophagus, so it feels kind of swollen. The fatigue hasn't really hit yet...or at least I haven't noticed it. Glad about that.

One big thing that I decided to do that is a different...while I am lying there getting the treatment I usually pray and ask the Lord to heal me and to get all the right areas and protect my body. I decided last week to not ASK all those things, but instead to go ahead and thank God for them. That may sound very obvious to some of you...but it was a step of faith for me. To go ahead and thank God, as if it has already happened. So now I thank Him for my healing and thank Him for getting all the right cells. All present or past tense...that it is happening, and I trust that it is happening, or that it has already happened.

Why the change? The scripture that says "whatever you ask for in prayer believe that you have already received it and it is yours " from Mark 11:24. And "Don't worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6

Those verses are ones I've heard all my life. But now...they have to do WITH my life. Choosing to look at words and truly believe they are breathed from God. I do believe in Scripture...so I will take action and verbalize my grateful heart. I have chosen to thank God for the healing. Healing that I cannot truly know yet.

It's funny. I wrote my high school senior term paper on faith and healing. I remember I got a B. Not enough evidence. (funny stuff)

Today is done. Today is today and the Lord was faithful today, as always, going with me through the whole day.

3 comments:

amhmom said...

Thanks for giving the update. You are an encouragement to me!

Sheila Hooten

Anonymous said...

So glad you're halfway there. Great insight on praying. I haven't had that epiphany yet. I'll have to try it. :) Love you!

Rosalinda said...

Wimon and I are planning to go through Searcy, hoping to see you... Would late on Tuesday the 19th, and/or Monday the 25th work for you? I need a real, in-person HUG!