Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday

Today I walked out of the Carti building and got teary as I headed to the car. I just cannot believe it. Only one more radiation treatment.

First, let me say that there is a race that will continue on past tomorrow. I have an appointment on Monday with my oncologist in Little Rock. We'll be discussing what happens next...Xeloda or Arimedex or Tamoxifen. I'll be taking something. I also have decided that I want to get a second and maybe third opinion about this next phase before I start anything. There is treatment beyond tomorrow.

BUT...it is important to celebrate milestones and this is a MAJOR milestone in my life!!! I just can't believe it. I started Oct. 18th, so it will have been 8 months and 11 days.

Yes, I am going to celebrate!!! Tom is coming with me to my last treatment. Then we are going to the local football stadium that has a track around it and I am going to walk a victory lap. Just a symbolic walk/run.

Then, we're planning on going out to eat catfish tomorrow night with family. Catfish has been a faithful food. :-) Then Jesse gets in very late Friday night, which is great. Saturday night I'm going to have a time of praise and worship at the house with my prayer group and some other guests. I just want to thank the Lord over and over for His love and faithfulness!

Then on July 8th Tom and I are going to Missouri to a vacation house that someone has offered to us to use for a week. Once again, God has blessed us and provided for us. This time He has provided a place of rest. I am very grateful and excited. I imagine Tommy fishing and me reading. What fun! We also are going to get to see another college roommate, Lenore and her husband Rick. We haven't seen each other in 15 years. That will be a great reunion.

When we come back Tommy heads to Africa for 3 or 4 weeks...to Nigeria and Tanzania.

Those are the plans.

The number is ONE.
Wow.


"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits,
who forgives all your sins, who heals all your diseases,
who redeems you life from the Pit,
who crowns you with steadfast love and mercy,
who satisfies you with good as long as you live
so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's."
Psalm 103:1-5

2 comments:

Rosalinda said...

Oh, I'm so GLAD you'll get to eat catfish! It's not a Monday, so that should work! We are all celebrating, wherever we are...
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

Well, since it's noon on Friday, I think the radiation is behind you now!!!!!...Hope you had a great victory walk too! Just thinking of you all and your fun plans for today and tomorrow and this coming week. Hope you have a wonderful get away with Tom on July 8th. Sending love...Patti