Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Wednesday

One more done, 7 to go.

Today...today two things happened at treatment. One was that I found out they were done treating the lymph nodes at my collar bone and on my back. So...today I only had two places treated, instead of the four I have been getting. That was great.

The other thing was when they began my treatment I just started to get very teary and emotional. I don't know why. The tears rolled off my cheek as my head stayed frozen. I couldn't wipe them away, because I couldn't move. I could hear Fernando Ortega singing the hymn in the background. When the therapists came back one of them said, "are you all right?" I said "I don't know why, I'm just teary today." They said that's okay, some days are like that...handed me a Kleenex. They left, then the treatment continued. I slowly got composed. The women came back and I was done. Hopped off the table.

I guess there's something emotional about coming to an end. I've been at this so long. I don't know. I'll keep thinking about this...one day at a time.

God is still so near. Breathing calm into my very heart as I laid there with tears falling down. So real.

Thank You, Jesus...You are tender and faithful to me.


Seven's the number for today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm always telling you about 'my friend'. She cried the first time she needed a haircut after her chemo and radiation. I've learned so much from her experience...