Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday

Tom and I went to the LR doctor this afternoon to check on my calcium level. They took the lab/blood draw but they said that I would not know the results until tomorrow about the calcium levels. If they are down to normal...then I get to stop the prednisone (steroid) and the nose spray. If they are not I'll go back for more fluids.

We found out a couple of good things. My blood pressure was back to acceptable (yay). I also got the test back about whether I had a kidney infection or not and it was negative. So she said I could get off the antibiotic. That was great news.

We also talked about the Petscan. She said we could set it up when we wanted (we will look at our calendar) and I think that it will be early next week. That is really a significant day. If the scan shows progression she said I will probably begin a chemo that is taken orally called Xeloda. If there is no progression I will stick with the Zometa bone strengthener and the oral pill Femara.

Of course...I want no progression. I want no cancer.

I'm thankful for the good news and thanking God for that...but I need prayers for my emotions. They are up and down, and it is the down that is especially a struggle right now in the evenings. Last night I did better. Every day seems different.

That's all for tonight...tired.

I'll write tomorrow about the calcium.

With much love,
Lisa

Lord,
I love You and I thank You for being with me today. No more today Lord...just tired. Please let me sleep well and to wake up renewed in my heart and body.
Your child,
Lisa

1 comment:

shirley said...

Praying all will be good, & God will restore your energy level. Love ya. Baird