Friday, May 4, 2007

8th Treatment

It's been almost 2 weeks since I had my last treatment. I guess I imagined that because it was my last treatment it would be easier somehow. There is absolutely no logic to that!

It has been mentally better, knowing that it was the last. But physically, I've struggled. The main problem this time has been the food issue...feeling nauseous, needing to eat, but not knowing what to eat. First I have to think or see some food, then I try to imagine eating it. If it's a yes, then I proceed to tasting it. It has to pass the thinking about it and tasting it tests first before I can go on and actually eat it. I've been living on cereal and milk, corn, some soups, cereal, popcorn, cereal....you get the idea. Wacky.

I went to my new radiologist yesterday for the first time and I really, really liked her. She was kind and very knowledgable. She wants me to have a PETscan on Monday to see if there are any areas showing cancer in my body at this point. So much has happened since my last PETscan in Oct. '06. By looking at this test she will decide my radiation plan. I'll have 33 treatments. They are everyday, Mon-Fri.

I'm not worried about the radiation treatments, mostly because everyone I've talked to says that it is easier than chemo. I'm hoping that's true.

Pray needs? Please pray for Monday's test, for my body to heal from the effects of the chemo and now the radiation treatments. And...for healing overall.

I'm tired. Just being honest. But I know I have to keep going, so I'll keep pressing on.


"The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall. But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40: 28-31

3 comments:

Lara said...

You can do this! God has swooped down with eagles' wings and will carry you through this.

Love you!

How does a Butterfinger Frozen D's sound? I could bring one by tomorrow at any time. That has milk in it. Maybe I could ask for a Corn Pops shake. That would get your cereal, corn, and milk in!

carolyn said...

Lara, if Lisa doesn't want the Buttefinger treat, mail it to me in Texas! hee hee! Thanks for loving on her.

Anonymous said...

Praying for tomorrow's test. For healing. And for your radiation treatments.

Much, much love always, Lisa