Wednesday, May 30, 2007

End of May

Wow! May just flew by...don't you think? I can't believe it's already going to be June.

I had a wonderful birthday. No big fireworks or parades or surprise parties. We had a family lunch gathering for the actual birthday meal. A total of 8 at the party. Frog-more Stew was the main course (which is shrimp, potatoes, corn on the cob, and sausage all boiled in Crab Boil flavorings), watermelon and banana pudding for my "cake". Delicious! And, I really did most of the cooking, which is a major sign that I must be feeling better and getting stronger, because I couldn't have done that 6 weeks ago. Very nice gathering. Great birthday party.

Then Tommy and I went to Little Rock that night to go to an Arkansas Travelers baseball game. This was my idea, not his. I love baseball...what a great sporting event. You can sit back, chill out, talk, watch, look at people, and catch up on the game every once in awhile. The Travelers have a brand new stadium. It was such a lovely evening - cool weather and no bugs. Life is good.

Before the game I told Tommy I wanted to walk across the new walking trail bridge in Little Rock. When we got to the stadium someone told us it was not downtown, but about 10 miles away. SO...we walked across the bridge right by the stadium instead. It is a nice, old bridge (not TOO old) that had a sidewalk for pedestrians. We walked over and back, looking at the Arkansas River and a sunset slowly arriving. Very nice. I guess I wanted to cross the bridge to symbolically cross over to my 50's. New stage of life. Definitely a new outlook on life.

Fifty feels fine. Not scary or ancient, just pretty normal.

I'm thankful to be celebrating today...and everyday that the Lord gives me.

No comments: