Sunday, May 6, 2007

Nice weekend

This has been a sweet family weekend. Mary and I drove to Fayetteville, AR Friday afternoon. We'd never been there before. It is a beautiful part of Arkansas...nice small mountains. Not as big as Virgnina's mountains, but they were still very beautiful. We were all going there because Jamie's high school soccer team had made it to the state finals for 6A level sports in AR. Jamie went with the team, so he was already there. Then Tom flew in from CA Friday night. He'd been at the Pepperdine lectureships. I'm so glad he got to be there for the weekend events.

Saturday we went to the game and they WON!!!! State champions! Very exciting day for Searcy... and for Jamie. We were so proud of him and the whole team. We had such a nice time.

Tomorrow is my PETscan. I'll be going to White Co. hospital, so I don't have to go out of town this time. I'll meet with the doctor on Tuesday to discuss the results. She said they won't have a complete reading for 3 days, but she will have some preliminary information.

Also, my parents are here this weekend. That has been a nice side blessing!

That's all for today.

1 comment:

MomInStands said...

I guess you guys will never second guess that BASEBALL decision!
I am so excited for those guys and girls! What an accomplishment.

Love you!
Jill