Thursday, December 27, 2007

Biopsy update

The biopsy went well today. I had kind of hoped that somehow I would bypass even having to have the biopsy at all, but the Lord is in charge of this whole thing, so I am trusting Him with each step.

The surgeon went into 2 places: one needle went into my humerus bone at the socket and they took out some bone marrow, plus some cells from the surface of the bone; the other place was a sample on the scapula, from the surface of that bone. They didn't cut anything. There were just large needle holes and 2 band-aids left when it was all done.

I did fine, or so I was told. I don't remember too much. I woke up around noon and we left by 1. I slept ALL afternoon, but started coming back to alertness around 5 or 6 pm.

They told us I should probably hear the path results on Monday. SO...the drama continues.

Last week I wrote a new song...not surprising, the main topic of the song is "waiting on the LORD." :-) So, I will wait.

In the meantime we are heading to Nashville tomorrow to continue Christmas celebrations with my family. We are looking forward to that!


Psalm 130:5 "I will wait on You, Lord, my soul shall wait; and in Your Word I will put my hope."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,

I'm so glad to hear the biopsy went smoothly yesterday. Enjoy being with your family in Tennessee. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you with love.