Saturday, December 29, 2007

GLORY TO GOD !!!

Praise God! Praise His holy, magnificent and wonderful Name!

Yesterday I talked to the nurse from my oncologist's office around 4:30 pm. She said "Mrs. Carr, the report came in today. The results were all negative. There were no malignant cells. There is no cancer!" YEAH GOD !!!!!!

I immediately called my Tommy and told him the news. We cried together on the phone and then he prayed over the phone thanking God, thanking God for this healing. From there I walked out of the bedroom at my parents house and told my parents and Betsy and Mary the good news. We all huddled together and Daddy prayed, praising God for this answer to all our pleas! We went on over to my sister's house where I poured out my news with joy and tears, and all of them rejoicing with me! It kept going...the joy, the tears, the thanks to God on through the night. I played some songs on my sister's piano and praised God with my family all singing and rejoicing with me. I could hardly get to sleep...then I woke up at 5 am, once again, with waves of joy flooding over me. I fell back to sleep and got up around 7 and both my sisters were up, so we processed it all some more.

This is so, so big. I can't even begin to explain to you all the depth of this news. And for right now I won't go into all the details of this healing story. For now I will say, like the blind man in the New Testament, "all I know is this"...in November they looked me in the eye and said "you have metastatic bone cancer"...and now, it is gone! I hope to get copies of all the reports and scans. I want to understand more and more...but, at this point, all I know is this... I have been rescued by the hand of the Lord God of all Creation. I am FULL...FULL of gratefulness and joy...the kind that overflows, just overflows. Praise to my God, who "by His wounds" has healed me.

O dear God...how can I thank You enough? I will thank You and praise Your holy Name all the days of my life, which I believe will be long, O Lord. Thank You for Your mercy and love and healing and salvation. You are an awesome God, awesome. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
girl, at long last.... you have the answer we've all been hoping and praying for....and what a way to begin the new year! I hope every moment of the next few days will continue to be full of joy and happiness as you and your family move forward into 2008. This news is so wonderful to hear. Now....celebrate! celebrate! celebrate! And Happy New Year too! Sending my love...xo

Cristy said...

Lisa,

What awesome news and testimony of God's faithfulness!!! I am so excited for you and your family. Praise God for his loving kindness towards your family. I know you will use this to glorify his Name forever.

Cristy Farley

Lara said...

Wow. Wow. Wow! WOW!!!!!!!!!

I'm in shock. I just read it to my two John Noahs, and we're so excited and relieved and HAPPY that God has heard all of our prayers! I can't wait to hear more good news as you continue to find out how God has healed you!!

Woooo-hooooooooooo!!

Anonymous said...

God is so good! I am so happy for you... for all of us who pray for you!

Anonymous said...

We can't even contemplate the power of God! We are truly cupped in the hollow of His hand.

Praise, honor and glory to our God who is able.