Monday, December 3, 2007

Monday December 3rd

Wow! What a week! In one week's time so much has happened.

I left off with telling about my doctor's appointment last Monday. The way it was left with her was that she wanted me to see the surgeon so he could look at the scans and determine what is next. So we got an appointment with an orthopaedic surgeon this Friday, December 7th at 3:00 in Little Rock. He will consult with us and analyze the scans. Possibly he will want to do a biopsy of some sort to determine what we're looking at.

That's the medical update. On the prayer front (battle talk) I have been on an amazing adventure. Since last weekend I've had someone call about coming to pray over me almost everyday. It just keeps coming up or someone calls the house or stops by. I think the Lord is sending prayer reinforcements to boost our family right now with hope and peace and faith. It's working. I feel SO full of peace that it surprises people when they see me. That is not me, that is God taking over inside my heart.

Tuesday night my friend Lisa stopped by to visit and pray with me. She also told me she had a friend named Tracy that was at a prayer and healing conference in Texas and that she might call me from there. Well, later that night, she did call. I've never met Tracy but she said she'd been praying for me all last year, so she knew who I was. She said the conference has a prayer time at the end, after the speaker finishes talking and that they also pray over cell phones for people...would I like to do that? I said "Yes!" I feel wide open to anything and anyone who wants to pray for me...but this sounded new and exciting.

So around 11 pm she called me back and said they were gathered around the phone and praying for me. I could hear noisy talking but not anything in particular. It was so humbling to have people in Texas praying for me in such a bold manner before the Lord! I definitely felt moved by the Spirit while they were praying...it was very sweet.

Then...Wednesday Harvey came back and 4 of my college age friends with him. They came over to the house at noon and prayed with me. As they were leaving a man that goes to our church that has had some difficulties in his life and is without a job right now stopped by to deliver food from my neighbor. I asked him how he was doing he said not well...feeling very down. So I asked him if my friends and I could pray for him and he said yes. He came on in and we all gathered around him and prayed. It was so interesting that he had just stopped by.

Wednesday night I went to the church building to talk to our elders about something else (they meet on Wed nights). After I spoke, they said "Can we pray for you again Lisa?" I said "Yes, of course." So all 16 or so men gathered around me and prayed for me...which was so wonderful...again.

Thursday was a day off. :-) I don't know why...but no one came or stopped by.

Then early Friday morning we got a phone call around 5:30am. Tommy's dad was in the emergency room at the hospital with respiratory problems. Tom went on over quickly. His brother Jim was there. They got him in a room and did tests and found some pneumonia in his lung. So I went over and stayed with my mother-in-law in the morning until around 11:30.

At 1:30 three women came over to the house to pray with me. It was interesting how that came about but I won't tell the long version. Bottom line is there was a woman named Cindy who felt the Lord leading her to come and pray for me. So I said "yes".
They prayed with me awhile...and it was a very amazing time of powerful prayer.

That evening all the kids were gone. I have to tell you about Mary. Mary is a BIG Hannah Montana fan...BIG. Well...a few months ago tickets went on sale for a concert in Little Rock with Hannah Montana. They were sold out in like an hour and it was a big mess. Lots more people wanted tickets than got them. Then about 2 weeks ago they opened up the sales one more time and they were snatched up again. We thought about trying to get it on the second time but we were a little preoccupied with all my medical news so just set it aside. In the meantime, Mary had been praying that somehow she could go to this concert. She never told us that, or we might have felt pressure to answer her prayer somehow. Last weekend we got a call from her school friend Hannah. Hannah's parents DID get 4 tickets and Hannah asked Mary to come with her!!! SHE WAS ECSTATIC! We were pretty blown away too. After Hannah asked her she said told us that she had prayed a long time ago that she could go. WOW! Isn't God SWEET???? And good? And tenderhearted! YEAH GOD! So she was gone Friday night and all day Saturday with her friend Hannah.

Friday night Tom and I had such a nice night, no kids home, watched videos. Life is good. Then I went to the hospital to stay with Papa, Tommy's dad, for the night shift. I insisted and totally volunteered. I told them I have a special gift of sleep (as my close friends all know :-)...if I wake up for something I can get right back easily. Tommy does NOT have that gift. :-) So I spent the night in the hospital in my father-in-law's room. My job was to help him and to pray through the night when I was awake. I felt so grateful to be able to help someone else since I have been the recipient of so much love and giving from others in the past year.

I met a nurse on the night shift that was a Christian. We somehow started talking about prayer. I told her what was going on with me, she said "Oh, I go to a special prayer meeting every Monday night in Floral (a tiny town about 40 minutes away. Can we pray for you?" And my answer was...."Yes, of course!" So, I'm covered for Monday. :-)

I'll skip to Sunday night. We went to our elder small group meeting...we were having a Christmas party. At the end the elder asked if the group could pray over me. I didn't know they were going to do that...but I said "Yes, of course!" So about 25 people there all gathered around me and prayed for me.

I'm telling you all this to tell you how AMAZING God is! He is sending mighty prayer warriors from different corners of my world here to come and pray, pray, pray over me!
PLUS...I KNOW there are hundreds, maybe thousands at this point that are all over the world praying for me, people I can't see, but I know they are doing it. I got a call last week...(maybe it was Thurs?) from a Nigerian couple, Zeke and Ory, that are our friends there. They said "Lisa, the Lord said he will heal you and that your life will be a living testimony to His love and power." That was good to hear.

What a ride! There's more but I can't go on and on.

I am beginning this week with hope and peace and anticipation to see what the Lord will do! Praise to God for His amazing love! To Him be the glory and honor in all of this!

To be continued...


"Find rest, O my soul,in God alone, my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, he is my fortress, I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:5,6

"For the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear Him, on those who hope in His unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the Lord, He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:18-22

1 comment:

Vaths said...

Thank you for your heart Lisa. I know I barely know you, but you are one of those kind of people who you meet and instantly feel you have known them forever. That is quite a gift! Melissa and I are praying for you and Tom.

Kyle and Melissa Vath (I am a nurse and we met at the IHCF meeting in August).