Friday, December 7, 2007

The Orthopaedic Surgeon

I've been waiting for this appointment for 2 weeks. Tom and I went down to Little Rock this afternoon. When I walked in they wanted me to get an X-ray...which I thought was interesting since I already had the MRI and CT scan results with me.

I got the X-ray...praying the whole time.

Then the doctor came in. First he asked a few questions including "have you heard what the radiology report said?" I said yes, that the report said metastatic bone cancer. Then he looked and looked at the X-ray...didn't say anything for a long time. Then he said "Did you bring some other scans?" I said yes...and he went out to go look at them. He came back and said that it was hard to tell still what we are looking at and he thought that I needed to get a needle biopsy that is guided with a CT or MRI machine so they know exactly where to go in.

We told him my oncologist wanted him to try to determine the depth of the lesion but also to try and see if the arm is stable or does it need a pin to strengthen it. He said the arm did NOT need any pins...that is was very stable and fine.

This is all AMAZING. There was a question mark in his voice as he looked and discussed things...but he never said much. We felt very good about him. We'd been told by a friend that works in this area that he is one of the best in LR. He took plenty of time with us and was very thorough.

SO-O-O-O....the next step is on Monday my doctor will set up a biopsy appointment. The drama continues...

WOW. We are praising God! There are so many people who have been praying and even fasting for me. I am GRATEFUL and excited because I believe God is doing something really amazing. Our family is just taking one day at a time to see what God is doing and what His plan is about all of this.

Praise God!!! What a great day this has been! I am going to bed tonight with a joyful and hopeful heart...our God can do ANYTHING. I believe it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
Just to let you know, you are in our prayers in Montgomery. Thank you for who you are in Him, that His strength is there for you, that you so gratefully reach for it and glorify Him with your life! You are a tremendous encouragement to many. We pray for your healing and strength in all of life.
Arlene Morris