Monday, April 23, 2012

Normal

This has been a wonderful, wonderful day!!! Tom and I went to LR this morning for the outpatient surgery. All went well. My surgeon was going to put in a regular small port, a standard size for women. But then she suggested a different port called a Power Port that can be used for other situations besides getting chemo, like scans, etc. We said "Sure!" So I got a Power Port. (Doesn't that sound like I have superpowers or something? ha.) After the surgery and recovery, Tom took me upstairs to my oncologist's office to get lab drawn to check on my calcium. After that...home sweet home. We were home by noon. And then...and then...(woohoo) got a call from my oncology nurse. She said "CALCIUM IS NORMAL. It is at 10." WOOHOO!!! Great news. That is SO, SO awesome! We are thanking God for this great news!!! SO THANKFUL!!!

O God, Thank You Lord! Thank You. You took me through this morning's procedure and then surprised me with this news. Normal. Yay...that's so wonderful. God...to You I give the glory and praise. THANK YOU. I continue to look to You, O God, as my Healer and Friend. I love You. Thank You. In Jesus Name I rejoice, Amen.


"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself." Psalm 89:1,2

2 comments:

Jon Blaylock said...

Great news Lisa! Been following your posts and glad to see this. Thanks be to God, Amen

Linda K said...

I've had similar ports for stuff like dialysis and just regular medication delivery and drawing blood and stuff. Worked out so well it almost makes you wonder why God didn't just give us one to start with. :-)