Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Peace and Hope

Yesterday, Monday the 16th, was really a good day! I KNOW it was God's presence carrying me through, and I KNOW that was from answered prayers from so many loved ones. Let me right away say thank you!

Tom brought me, which I am always thankful for his loving presence and that we do this together. He is amazing! First, they took a lab sample to check the calcium. Then, we talked to my oncologist. She reviewed what we were doing today...starting Avastin and Gemzar. I will receive these 2 drugs every 2 weeks, plus still Zometa once a month. They will monitor this closely with lab work and if she sees problems, she will change it to once a week. So I go again in 2 weeks for chemo.

She told me that the lung procedure last week showed NO cancer in the fluids!!! This was great news ! All the tests were negative. YAY GOD!!! We were very grateful to hear that news!

She decided to phase out the oral steroid and to stop the nosespray again. These were being taken for the calcium level but she said we wanted to stop for now. I did find out today (Tues) that the calcium had gone up again...from 12.6 to 12.7. This really needs to come down...so please pray about that. I'm trying not to focus on that...but just trust God and praise Him for all the good we are seeing!

We discussed getting my port (IV access thing..."thing" is the medical term, I believe.):-) I now have an appointment for this coming Monday, April 23 early at 8 am. Another thing to pray about... :-)

Then...I started my treatment about noon. It really went fine. I'm thankful for the team of nurses in that room. I've been going there now, on and off, since 2006, so they know me, care about me. Wonderful women. It is really a blessing to have such great medical team. I got done in about 3 hours and we headed home!

They did discuss some possible side effects, like nosebleeds, high blood pressure, my blood counts could go down, etc. but I am asking you all to pray against that. We are praying for no side effects, just healing!

Today I've felt really about the same as a typical day for me. I'm walking around at home, doing things, sitting down to rest when I need it. The Lord is here...walking around with me...and I am so thankful. My heart is filled with peace and hope...which is from Him, not me.

"Rejoice always,
Pray constantly,
Give thanks in all circumstances...
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."


That's what I want to do.


God,
Thank You for all Your love and mercy. Thanks for yesterday, taking care of details and even decisions. Thank You that today has been restful and good...thank You. I praise Your glorious Name and I trust You with all these things. To Your glory and praise...Father, Jesus and Spirit.
In Jesus' Name, Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying every day, & sometimes on the hours, I'm awake. I'm glad your test was good on the lungs. I will cont. to pray for your calcium levels & your visit for the 23rd. It is nice to know, your never alone. Love & God Bless sister. Hugs. Baird

Carissa said...

SO glad you are keeping us so well updated Lisa. It is so good to read your words of encouragement and trust in the Lord. Praying for you!

Unknown said...

You are in my prayers Lisa. Your posts are such an inspiration to everyone. Thank you!