Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Scan Day yesterday

Yesterday I went in for the Petscan, got there about noon. I guess they were behind schedule from the start because the day ended up dragging out longer than I had expected. They had a hard time getting my IV started (4 sticks). Then the resting time, when I sit quietly as the meds circulate through my body. Then I had the scan. Finally got out about 3:30.

I was SO hungry because I'd been on a no carb diet for 24 hrs for the test and really, really had not eaten much at all. When we got out my friend that took me drove me to Whole Foods to get some light and healthy food into me - quickly! THAT was wonderful. Just grapes, some lettuce, avocado sushi and a smoothee. I didn't eat it all but had some of all it and felt revived! :-)

There was no report yesterday. I will hear something possibly late this afternoon or in the morning we will see the Dr. at about 9:30.

I'm in the waiting mode. I wrote a song about that from Psalm 130..."I will wait on you, Lord, my soul shall wait". (I would post it here but I haven't figured out how to post a song). Anyway...I'm waiting. There's lots of peace and some fear that wonders what's next. Trying to cancel the fear and keep my mind on hope.

Thank you for ALL your prayers. And I know that some of you also fasted about this...and I thank you for that. I am walking through each day with the Lord's strength sustaining me. I KNOW it is all these prayers...and that you pray for our whole family...THANK YOU. Also, my sister is doing a little better each day. She got a cast put on yesterday. She has a dr. appt Thursday about various changes to her health needs. My mother-in-law is getting a little stronger and may actually be going back to her home today. Please keep them in your prayers too. So many of you know them that I just wanted to ask for prayers for them. Both are precious women of God.

Lord,
We've been here before. I'm waiting. I will whisper to You throughout this day to please hold me. I can feel Your peace Jesus. Thank You. For being with me yesterday and giving me hope even through this day.
With all my love,
Lisa

No comments: