Monday, April 9, 2012

Out Patient surgery

Today I went in to Little Rock to get IV fluids. I haven't heard the results about the calcium levels yet. (They took blood today to check.)

Tomorrow...is out patient surgery day. They saw some fluid near one of my lungs on the PET scan. My doctor said it could be a lot of different things, but cancer is one of them. SO...they want to check and just be sure about what is going on there.
It is at 2:00 pm. They will put a large needle into my back to get a sample. (Yes, I'm hoping I'm sedated for all this.)

Today I also talked to someone about the Xeloda oral chemo, a social worker who works in my oncologist's office. They special ordered it and it may possibly arrive in the next couple of days. Which means I will probably start it this week. I take 3 pills a day for 7 days and then I'm off for 7 days. Then I start the cycle again.

That's about it for tonight. Tired again. Tired.
Thank you all for being tireless prayer warriors. I am so grateful!

Jesus,
Thank You for today...for walking me through it. I love You. Again ..I trust You.
I give You praise for holding me up for another day.
In Your Powerful and Sweet Name,
Lisa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, I would go have this procedure done for you in a heartbeat if I could. I'm so sorry you have to go in for yet another thing. I've had a needle biopsy, but not near a lung (mine was in my breast). They didn't numb me or sedate me because it was just like getting deep shots, but I just KNOW they will sedate you for this!! I mean, they can't just start sticking needles in by your LUNG without sedation or you will probably jump out of your skin and break off their needle! They don't want that, so they HAVE to make sure you are relaxed and calm. :) Please know I will be praying diligently for you!!! --Julie

Anonymous said...

...I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Psalms 73:23 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:I will guide thee with mine eye. Psalms 32:8 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Psalms 8:9 I wish so bad, I could take the pain for you. God never told us our life's would be easy while here. We all, I believe will have our own suffering. I look so forward to, never hurting again & receiving a new body, that God promised. We can't never stop believing God, for our healing though. Hugs ! You are a very special person. You have sure been such an inspiration to so many people. I didn't know how strong a women can be, till I started reading your blog. Thank You. God Bless, Baird.

Opinions by Nancy said...

I'm praying for you, my friend...I'm reminded of the verse in Ephesians that says, ..."when you have done everything that you can do to stand, then stand..." That verse has gotten me some through some pretty rough spots and has allowed me to focus on what God would have me to do when life knocks us down. Hang in there; He is Good!