Monday, April 2, 2012

The last few days have been good. I got to go to church yesterday for the first time in a long while. We didn't stay for the whole service but went to our Bible class, sang some worship songs and then we headed home. My energy is limited, but it was so good to go and to see sweet friends.

I thank you all for your prayers about tomorrow. I am mostly peace filled, but sometimes the questions and worry creep in, which I know is just real. I have been reading the Word and other things that keep saying "just trust in Me". Today's verse has been the following:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5,6


It says "lean not on your own understanding". I am there. There is so much I do not understand. I am just repeating over and over "I trust You, Jesus" and when I do that, it is an acknowledgement of my lack of ability to understand or fix this or solve it. It is a surrender to God that says "I'm yours...no matter what".

I've had 2 friends come to stay with me today, which was a blessing. This evening some of our church elders/shepherds are coming over at 7 to pray for me. Then some more friends, who have just arrived from Nigeria, are coming over to also pray for me. Tomorrow morning some women friends are coming at about 9 to pray for me. Friends have called or sent texts. I have been so blessed with many, many prayers.

I'd like to add on some other prayer requests on this post. My sister Judy was in a car accident Saturday night. Overall she was okay, but did break her arm. My 90 year old mother-in-law fell Friday night about midnight and is now in the hospital. She had a small fracture in her facial bone but did not break anything else. I just hate that they had the accidents and are having to suffer at all. Please pray for both of them to heal and to regain their strength from the Lord.

I guess that's all. The scan is Tuesday at noon. I'll hear the results either Wed. or Thursday. I truly thank you for your prayers and love. Forever grateful.

Jesus,
Please hold me close to You tonight and tomorrow. Send Your Holy Spirit to comfort and give me hope minute by minute. That's all...I will trust You O God. And I ask, one more time, please...no cancer.
In Your powerful and holy Name,
Amen.

1 comment:

Annie Keese said...

I stumbled onto your post from facebook. I'm so glad I did.I often send a prayer your way when I pass cedar on my way home - Now I know how to pray specifically. I can see God is blessing your spirit as your community surrounds you in prayer. Makes me happy to be sisters in Christ! Love you Mrs. Lisa!