Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thursday Morning

Well, a lot happened yesterday when I went to get the fluids. Sat down in the recliner. Didn't have to get my IV put in because they had saved it from Tuesday. (An IV can be used 3 days in a row. They just wrap it up carefully and I go home with it there. I will use it again today.) I was set up with one liter bag of fluids.

But half way through my onc.nurse came and said "let's talk". First, my calcium went up from 12.3 to 12.6. So my dr. ordered another bag for right then. Okay. She also wanted me to start the nosespray and the prednisone again. I said I'm fine with the nosespray but I really, really did not want to get on prednisone again. I asked if I could use Decadron. She later went and asked the dr. and she approved the Decadron. YAY. The other big thing she brought is was a change in the chemo plan. There is a drug called Avaston she wants to use but if we start with Xeloda, the oral drug, our insurance will not pay for it after I already used Xeloda. So she wants to start with Avaston and another chemo called Gemzar, both drugs given by IV. That is fine with me. I was hesitant about Xeloda and its side effects so I am ready to start this other plan.

I spoke this morning with the doctor in Nashville. He thought is all sounded like a great plan. I loved getting to talk to him this morning just to hear his "blessing" on it before we tell my doctor yes, let not do Xeloda and go with the other.

SO...I go in today for 2 bags of fluid. One of my sweet college girlfriends is going to take me today. She had called early in week to ask me how she could help and that she had Thursday open. It worked out perfect, because I needed a ride. God is so good.

Gotta go. Keep praying for the calcium to come down! I love you all so much. God continues to renew my heart day by day. I woke up this morning with lots of hope! Praise God!!!

2 comments:

caroline said...

Praise Him!!!
His mercy's are NEW every morning!
His hope sustains us!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Good news about the meds! Prednisone--it messes with one'semotions...not fun. Glad you were able to make the switch. I'm also really happy to hear your Vandy doc liked the plan! That's reassuring. :) We're praying for that calcium to go down, down, down!!

Love,
Julie