Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Wednesday

Quick update...

Yesterday my doctor's office called and said the my calcium was down (YAY!) from 13.6 to 12.3. They wanted me to come for more fluids. SO, since we were going to LR for the lung drainage thing I went ahead and got fluids in the morning. Then about 2 Tom and I went to the hospital and they took a needle and drained the fluid around my left lung. I thought I would be out...but I wasn't. They numbed it locally and I sat there awake through the procedure. Not so fun, but Jesus was in the room. The blessing (God is so good to take care of us) is that our post op nurse was someone who knows our two oldest children well and went to Harding with them. Her name was Laura and she was so sweet and attentive to me and to Tom!

I go back this morning for more fluids. One bag takes 2 hours. They will also get blood to see how the calcium is doing.

Gotta get going, but wanted you to hear the calcium was coming down. THANK YOU for your continued hope and loving prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oy vey!!! Lisa, I never in a MILLION years would have guessed they wouldn't have put you in "twilight"--that druggy thing they do where you are awake but not really "aware." I think that is a little nuts that they didn't; hello, you have been through a lot already, can't they cut you a little slack here? Boy, I hope they let you squeeze Tom's hand!!

Once they were putting a tiny scope up into my kidneys and I was sure they were going to put me in twilight, but nope, they just were moving this wire/tube/scope all around and it hurt my kidneys so badly I seriously thought I was going to pass out (and I have a high pain threshold!). I toughed it out but afterward I thought, "Why on EARTH would they not put a person in twilight for that--or at least give me a couple Valium??" Sheesh. You know if it was the doc or tech having it done to THEM they'd be demanding sedation STAT!! :)

I am so sorry you had to go thru that on top of everything else you're dealing with and have gone through. Are they sending the fluid they extracted to the lab to test it? Oh, but what a wonderful thing to hear the calcium has fallen--and it seems to be quite a bit of a drop, so YAY!! PTL!!

You are in my prayers throughout the day, dear Lisa.

Hugs and blessings,
Julie